Capital One HR Rotational Program
Capital One is looking for seniors to join our HR Rotational Program and Strategy Consulting Group after graduation. Please pass along the below program descriptions to senior in your club, who can learn more about these exciting opportunities on the Career Center Website.
HR Rotational Program:
Capital One’s 2.5 year Human Resources Rotation Program (HRRP) is designed to cultivate strategic and proactive leaders. The HRRP will allow you to launch your career with a cohort of talented peers through key components including:
• Three rotations with high-performing teams, generally including roles in Talent Acquisition, People Analytics or Compensation, and an HR business partner or HR specialist role
• Exposure to strategic projects that have a real impact on associates around the world
• Individualized mentorship from a senior leader and dedicated support from the program team
• Specialized training curricula to help you grow and succeed
In HR at Capital One, our goal is simple: create amazing associate experiences. Whether that’s creating data-driven people strategies or using Agile to accelerate the recruiting process, we’re solving problems that have a real impact on our associates around the world. We’re an entrepreneurial team with heart; we welcome bold ideas, foster collaboration, and challenge the status quo.
Strategy Consulting Group:
Capital One's Strategy Consulting Group is a small team of internal consultants who collaborate with the CEO and senior leaders to solve the toughest challenges confronting our company and rapidly changing industry. As an Associate in the group, you will work as an integral member of a project team on 3-4 month engagements – seeking to answer strategically important questions using everything from data-driven customer analysis to acquisition modeling to human-centered design strategy. Strategy Associates have the rare opportunity to shape the direction of a Fortune 100 company while developing world-class consulting skills from day one. For more information on the group, please visit www.capitalonestrategy.com.
We are currently recruiting for 3 full-time programs: Business Associate, Investment Science Associate, Launch Research Associate, and Technology Associate. These opportunities are open to current seniors graduating this academic year.
We also have an Open House at our Boston office headquarters on October 4th (flyer attached) if any student is interested in seeing the firm!
BRENNAN CENTER FOR JUSTICE AT NYU SCHOOL OF LAW
The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law is a nonpartisan public policy and law institute that focuses on improving the systems of democracy and justice. A singular institution – part think-tank, part public interest law firm, part advocacy group – the Brennan Center combines research, scholarship, legislative and legal advocacy, and communications to win meaningful, measurable change in the public sector.
Three positions are available. Please click on the attachment for job description and instructions to apply. - Research & Program Associate, Democracy Program: attachment
- Research & Program Associate, Liberty and National Security Program, Washington, DC: attachment
- Research & Program Associate, Liberty & National Security Program, NYC: attachment
Oracle Class Of is a terrific opportunity for Students wanting to learn more about Sales and Business Development as well as corporate growth.
Oracle Class Of is hiring again:
If you are interested in Technology Sales and Business Development, this is the opportunity you’ll want to consider. Oracle will be on campus again soon, interviewing for Jan/Jun 2015 start dates of the Oracle Class Of / Oracle Sales Academy program.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for outgoing, achievers, with a strong business acumen. We want people that like to succeed, have the drive to do it and harbor a passion for technology.
Below are some links to help you get familiar with the program, the company and the role:
PDS FORM: http://bit.ly/PDS-FY16-ABRstn
The Opportunity: http://bit.ly/ClassOfSBDFlyerandJD-FY16
A Short video on the program: http://bit.ly/OracleClassOf2015
About Oracle: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/index.html
Find us at: https://twitter.com/OracleClassOf
paul, weiss paralegal program
Looking for a great opportunity to gain exposure and experience in preparation for a legal career? Apply to the paralegal program at Paul,Weiss
To be considered for the position, you must submit your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript to your school’s Career Center as well as to your school’s job posting on the Paul, Weiss website.
Please note, you are required to submit all three documents to both to be considered. Please see your Career Center posting for detailed log in instructions on how to apply on the company website.
Paul, Weiss representatives will be back on campus to conduct interviews for our Paralegal Program on Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 and the application deadline is Sunday, January 24th, 2016.
Job Title: Principal Administrator
Location: New Haven, CT
InGenius Prep (www.InGeniusprep.com) is an educational consulting firm based in New Haven, CT. Since inception two years ago, we have expanded to working with students in over 5 countries. Currently, our company has 15 fulltime employees, and nearly 200 part-time employees. Our primary focus is the College admissions process. Through our work with students, we strive to help eliminate biases in the education system. Our company is fastpaced and exciting. We operate as a team, and everyone is given opportunities to advance in the organization. If you are looking for an exciting, intense, and rewarding employment opportunity, this is the place for you!
The Principal Administrator will report directly to the company’s Director of Operations and CEO. The Principal Administrator performs a variety of administrative and accounting work, including: managing the company’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management system); supervising employee onboarding and training; and managing the company’s daytoday finances. Beyond these tasks, each member of the team is invited to participate in business development activities. These activities are compensated generously via commission (see below).
Duties and Responsibilities nclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keep updated records of employees and contractors
- Manage onboarding process for new hires
- Prepare monthly reports detailing profit and loss
- Maintain accurate records of bank transactions
- Manage contractors’ hours submission and monthly payments
- Job Requirements & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Ideal candidate should also:
- Be extremely detail oriented
- Respect deadlines
- Be proactive, trustworthy and have an impeccable work ethic
- Have solid computer skills
- Have at least a basic knowledge of accounting and HR management
- Previous knowledge of online accounting platforms such as Intuit QuickBooks is a plus.
Salary and Compensation: The Principal Administrator will receive Compensation in three forms:
- Salary: $35,000 $40,000, depending on qualifications
- Annual Bonus: $1,000+ depending on performance
- Commissions: up to $15,000 per year, depending on performance
- Stock Options: Available after 1 year of employment
Job Type: ull time, flexible hours.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and a writing sample (one page minimum) to
Career Opportunities for Recent Graduates – Junior Software Developers, Technical Analysts, and Data Scientists
Do you thrive in fast-paced technical environments and have a strong attention to detail? Are you eager to have a career where you are encouraged to meet your potential and have the opportunity to work for a prestigious company with an impressive global presence?
FDM is currently seeking a number of ambitious and driven candidates with the aptitude for IT to work in as FDM Consultants in the Washington DC area for one of our clients, a leading financial services organization in Virginia.
FDM is a global IT and business services provider with a dedication to technical excellence and professional development. Prior to working with our client, successful candidates receive intense training in Washington D.C. through our award-winning Academy. Our program helps build the required skills needed to launch your career as a successful Data Scientist. The 12-week training will take place in DC. The Data Scientist stream will contain training in UNIX, SQL, Java, Hadoop, Python and R and is specially tailored to develop your proficiency in modeling, metadata practice and big data. The Development stream will contain training in UNIX, SQL, Java, ITIL, Networking and Security, VMware and Puppet and is specially tailored to develop your proficiency in software-defined infrastructure.
After your training, you will be employed by FDM for a minimum of two years and will become responsible for representing the organization on site with our client. As an FDM Consultant, you enter the industry at a high level, already trained to our clients’ specific systems and technologies.
Fast-track career progression is a key focus of FDM, and our program will put you on a pathway that could lead into leadership roles working within multinational organizations.
- 4 year degree (preferably in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar)
- A strong aptitude in IT and the interest and drive to expand your IT skill set
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- A desire to work at a large financial firm and ability to increase your financial knowledge
- Able to engage yourself in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved
- Flexible, eager, ambitious, and adaptable to change
- Able to commit to work for FDM for a minimum of two years
- Eligible to work in the US
- Available during the full duration of the training (12 weeks) in Washington D.C.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply immediately at:
Visit our website to hear from our Consultants about their experiences. There is no better way to launch your IT career than with FDM!